Senior Civil Cad Technician
A highways, drainage, infrastructure and utility consultancy are on the lookout for a Senior Civil Technician looking to join a growing exciting role in a small, expanding Cambridge based civil engineering consultancy.
This business is involved with design of all types of civil engineering infrastructure relating to highways and drainage, undertaking pre-planning reports such as flood risk assessments, to detailed design of highway and drainage networks.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus public bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours.
- One-to-one mentoring from a chartered civil engineering.
- Training and social funding available.
- Preparation of surface water and SuDS Drainage Strategy reports to support planning applications.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments
- Preparation of compliant Private and Adoptable (S104) drainage designs.
- Good knowledge of SuDS implementation and design for new developments.
- Preparation of compliant Private and Adoptable (S38/S278) highway designs.
- Confident in dialogue/negotiation with relevant third-party stakeholders typically related to obtaining drainage and highway consents and approvals (such as 104/106/ S38/S278 agreements)
- Strong AutoCAD drafting experience in relation to highway and drainage projects, able to turn schemes around in a timely manner.
- Attending site and design team meetings as necessary to support projects.
- The candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a UK consultancy office undertaking a highway and drainage design role.
- The candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills with an overarching technical mindset and be comfortable working on projects of all sizes.
- The candidate will be expected to be able to check their own work at times and take the lead on planning reports such as Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies, working closely with clients to ensure projects are delivered to their expectations in terms of quality time and budget.
Qualifications/ Software skills
- Competent and efficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Will ideally be qualified to HNC level.
- A valid UK driving license