Senior Civil Engineering Technician
Newcastle Upon Tyne
This international multi-disciplined consultancy are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services.
This consultancies Newcastle Infrastructure team is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineering Technician to join their team and take a steering role in the delivery of technical solutions across a wide range of civil engineering projects.
Their work covers the full range of civil engineering projects and the team is the driving inspiration behind many major infrastructure projects across the UK.
- The UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance).
- Life Assurance, accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover.
- Core benefits are funded by the business and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing.
- You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
- Eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme.
- You'll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you're a parent, a carer a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Project tasks will include taking responsibility for planning work activities and resource requirements across a pool of Technicians and ensuring technical quality is maintained. As part of the role, you will assist others within the team both through technical collaboration as well as mentoring and developing less experienced members of the team.
With their work covering the design of civil engineering solutions in a range of sectors including, highways, site development, rail, energy, water and ports & harbours, this person will work on diverse and large, exciting projects.
Technical skill and Requirements:
- A good HNC or HND, or Civil Engineering honours degree.
- Knowledge and previous experience in the design and/or construction of civil engineering solutions using DMRB.
- Proficient in 3D modelling of civil engineering projects using an industry-recognised software system e.g. Civils3D, MX, InRoads.
- Strong interest in software coding and digital skills (e.g. automation, visualisations).
- The ability to lead on delivery to current BIM standards.