Flood Risk Engineer(Mid/Senior/Principal level)
*This specialist consultancy are available to take a flood risk engineer/consultant on at the Mid/Senior or Principal level!!*
A large and international engineering consultancy are looking for a flood risk engineer to join their unique water and environmental team.
As the flood risk engineer, you will be joining a team of 6 in the water and environmental team which consists of a graduate, engineer , x2 senior engineers, associate and technical manager.
The flood risk engineer will be seen as a key member of the Water team with a key input from the business over your career development. The benefits that this large international consultancy can offer you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills.
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice.
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated).
- Buy in from clients to assist in your Professional Progression to Incorporated/Chartership/EngTech.
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience of reviewing FRA & Surface water drainage strategies/ designs in accordance with national and local guidance.
- Technical knowledge of drainage design standards in accordance with current best practice standards.
- Awareness of the planning system, types of planning application and working knowledge of the NPPF and associated PPG.
- Review of Ordinary Watercourse Consents under The Land Drainage Act.
- Approval of S278 and S38 designs for involving Suds features for adoption.
- Knowledge of MicroDrainage or similar hydraulic design software is desirable.
- Ability to work unsupervised within your area of specialism (at the appropriate level)
- Achieved or working towards professional membership/accreditation with CIWEM or ICE
Here are some of the additional benefits:
- Contribution to commuting mileage.
- Permanent Health Insurance.
- 25 days Annual Leave (you can buy up to 5 more days).
- Company contribution to your pension.