Senior / Principal Civil Engineer
Salary: £60k (Depends on experience) **This is a permanent position within this Civil Engineering Consultancy’s where you can work 100 % of the time from home if you want to!!** ** This civil and structural engineering consultancy are listed as an NCE100 company, as an excellent employer and in recognition of the role that they play in driving the industry forward, embracing cultural change and delivering for society in the UK and beyond!!**
The civils team within this consultancy in Hertfordshire consists of 10 engineers and technicians who are highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for their clients. This ethos has led to an expanding workload and the requirement for an experienced Civil Engineer who will enjoy the challenges provided by their diverse range of clients and projects.
The position offers the successful applicant exciting opportunities to advance their career across many facets of the profession, opportunities to learn whilst working alongside senior management in a supporting role whilst assisting Graduate Engineers who are keen develop their skills and attributes as they work towards a professional qualification.
Private health care; Salary Sacrifice Scheme; Death in Service benefit; Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period); Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years services; up to a total of 28 days; the option to bank; buy or sell holiday each year after one years’ service; Long service awards including additional days off and £500 cash award; flexible working, paid professional membership; Cycle to Work Scheme; Interest free loan for annual travel season ticket; Yearly flu vaccine; Eye tests paid and contribution towards glasses; if require for solely for VDU work; Regular CPD seminars held in house (with lunch provided); Regular social events organised and funded by the company throughout the year; Free refreshments, including tea, coffee, juice and fresh fruit; Free on-site parking.
Key skills & experience
The civils team undertakes the following tasks
- Minimum of 6 years’ post-qualification experience in Civil Engineering design
- BSc or BEng qualified and Chartered (or working towards Chartership)
- Expertise in infrastructure, highways and drainage design to deliver multi-disciplinary projects from concept, feasibility and planning through to detailed design and construction
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- Expert in the use of relevant industry-standard design software packages (Microdrainage, Civils 3D, AutoCAD ,etc).
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies.
- Pre-application planning advice, technical support for outline and detailed planning applications and the approval of reserved matters, discharging planning conditions.
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments.
- Preparation of detailed design information for construction.