Civil Design Engineer
Salary: £37K (Depend on experience)
Reporting to the Principal Civil Engineer.
A civil and structural engineering consultancy are on the lookout for a civil engineer to join their civils team in London!
- ICE membership fees are paid along with exam fees. Study leave is given before all exams. They have ICE mentors in the office who hold exam preparation workshops.
- Your leave entitlement is 25 Days per annum plus bank holidays. The company’s leave year runs from 1st January to 31st December. After 1 year service you earn an additional 1 day per year holiday to a maximum of 5 days over 5 years.
- A maximum of 5 days holiday can be accrued through our overtime scheme.
- Their normal working hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm, Fridays 9.00am to 5:00pm.
- The business offers flexible working hours, start anytime between 7.30am and 9.30am; finish between 4.30pm and 6.30pm.
- They have a shower and secure bicycle rack to encourage cycling to work.
- The business uses Royal London as the workplace pension scheme which you will be automatically enrolled after 3 months employment. The business provides a 3% contribution of your gross salary into your pension.
- They have 9 free parking spaces available in the Courtyard.
- The business will reimburse eye tests to the value of £25.00.
- You will work closely in partnership with architects and design team members and assist with client relationships when appropriate.
- Be responsible for some projects assigned and checked by the Associate/Senior Engineer.
Responsible for assisting the day to day running of the civils projects:
- Develop Civils3D drainage models & drawings.
- Produce standard drainage details via AutoCAD.
- Design drainage systems using MicroDrainage software in addition to calculations via TEDDS and by hand.
- Develop pavement build ups and concrete jointing layouts.
- Carry out cut & fill exercises with Civils 3D.
- Operate vehicle tracking using AutoTrack software.
- Produce SuDS strategy and RIBA design stage reports & Building Control submission packs.