Civil Drainage Design Engineer
Salary: £40k-£50k (This Will Depend On How Many Years Of Experience)
Reporting Line Manager (Associate Director)
*This opportunity/vacancy will be open to civil drainage design engineers from any level with a minimum of 2 years plus experience*
As the civil drainage design engineer, you will be joining a well-respected multi-disciplined consultancy to help with the technical and managerial support of the civils team.
There are 34 people strong in the business across 1 office in Thatcham. They work in 3 disciplines: Water and Environmental , Civils and Transport. There are 8 people strong in the civils team which comprises of the : Director, 3 x Principal Engineers, 2 x Engineers and 2x Cad Technicians.
The clients they work with are mostly housing developers so much of the technical detail design/calculations will be the drainage/flood risk works on residential projects that can mount to 800 units and dwellings. You will also be asked to produce FRAs and potentially perform some hydraulic modelling calculations.
The consultancy pride themselves on retaining their clients.
- A lot of training and support financially and theoretically for your chartership or university fees if you don’t have it already.
- Very flexible hybrid and start and end times arrangement during the week. Most people go into the office 1 or 2 times a week.
- 25 days annual leave excluding bank holidays.
- Free onsite parking and many more additional benefits!
Drainage engineer requirements:
- Working towards chartered status of either ICE or CIWEM.
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of current technical standards and guidance.
- Be able to undertake Flood Risk Assessments and demonstrate a thorough understanding of current assessment techniques.
- Produce technical reports efficiently and accurately.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency with the assessment, design and specification of highway, surface and foul water drainage systems for residential and commercial development proposals.
- Software experience: Micro Drainage , AutoCAD (including Map and Civils 3D), PDS, HEC-RAS (v.5.03), Flood Modeller Pro(Not Crucial).