Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer
Salary : £37k-£45K (DOE)
A well respected employee owned multi-disciplined consultancy are looking for an infrastructure engineer with experience in drainage and highway design to join their team in Nottingham.
The company is 80 - 90 personnel strong across 6 offices with 12 people in their Nottingham office where you will be joining 3 people in the infrastructure team which comprise of a principal and 2x mid-level engineers.
The works you will be involved in will be a 50/50 split between drainage and highway design on mostly residential projects.
This consultancy offer the full project life cycle service to their clients from logistics, planning to detail design at all project stages.
- Competitive salary that is reviewed in July annually.
- Basic working week of 37.5 hours (flexible start/finish times) with flexibility on working from home.
- Paid overtime for hours in excess of 37.5 per week or time off in lieu.
- Bonuses – they are an employee owned business through an Employee Ownership Trust, the EOT can pay a limited tax-free bonus (the EOT element of bonuses are based purely on length of service and salary). They almost always pay one at Christmas and this year they paid one in April, but these are discretionary and subject to company and individual performance.
- Auto enrolment (after successful completion of 3 months’ probation) into a Group Personal Pension scheme with Scottish Widows into which this company pays 5% of all earnings (basic + overtime + bonuses) and employees must pay at least 3% gross.
- 25 days leave per year plus statutory public holidays.
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
- Membership of you At Work benefits scheme with discounts on gym membership, retail purchases, insurance etc and access to financial advice and private GP appointments online or over the phone.
- Interest-free annual travel season ticket loan.
- Professional subscriptions paid e.g. ICE.
- Commitment to continued learning and development.
- 2-3 fully paid for company-wide social events per year.
- Civils 3D/Site 3D or AutoCAD for the highways design and should have a good knowledge of Micro Drainage.
- Design of flood alleviation schemes, foul and surface water/SuDS systems using the WinDES software package.