A multi-disciplined consultancy are on the lookout for a Graduate Engineer to join their Reading office to support their civil and structural engineering team.
Graduate Engineer Benefits:
- Bonus: They pay their bonuses at Christmas.
- Pension: They offer a pension scheme with an employer contribution of 7.5%.
- Family Friendly Policy: they offer a generous family friendly policy once probation has been completed.
- Working Hours: their core hours are 37.5 per week, but as with all jobs in the sector, the working hours need flexibility to complete the jobs as required for customers. In return, they don’t count hours and offer you some give and take flexibility as well.
- Holidays, they offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. They also have a generous long service holiday benefit in place.
- They offer some great opportunities to develop your skills and your career- many of their staff have been internally promoted and have had investment in their training and development over the years. They particularly offer working on cross-functional project teams which means you get to find out all about other areas and use your strengths for the benefit of the business.
- Social Events for the Team and Family: they offer regular social events including Friday BBQs, a summer garden party for families and a Christmas party for staff and partners.
- They believe that spending time together helps them work better as a team and your personal life is just as important as work life.
Graduate Engineer Responsibilities:
- Preparation of reports, calculations, design and preparation of drawings.
- Provide technical advice to clients.
- Obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors.
- Liaising with other professionals such as architects.
- Maintaining client relationships by providing excellent customer service and managing expectations.
- Assessment of sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
Graduate Engineer Requirements:
- Degree or Masters qualification.
- Some experience or working knowledge of consulting engineering.
- Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets.