Do you want to join and work with the largest privately owned multidiscipline engineering consultancy in the UK, then apply now!!!?
Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer
Salary : £38k
A privately owned multidiscipline engineering consultancy that is UK based is looking for a Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join their civils team in Hemel Hempstead.
This engineering consultancy have over 3000 people strong worldwide and turns over £300 million plus as of 2021. This large consultancy provides many disciplines to their clients such as highways, drainage, structures, utilities, flood risk and transport assessments to commercial and residential development projects both at the pre and post planning phase.
Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer Benefits:
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care.
- Regular training and career development.
Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer responsibilities:
- Reports to Principal Engineer.
- Prepare infrastructure drawings and designs using AutoCAD and other proprietary design software.
- Undertake negotiations with Local and Drainage Authority Engineers on design for adoptable works (Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278).
- Checking of drawings and calculations prepared by colleagues.
- Undertake calculations and designs using an efficient and rationalised process to the latest design standards.
- The Infrastructure Engineer should use their experience to advise and mentor more junior members of the team.
Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer requirements:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, PDS for highway design and ground modelling.
- Working knowledge of WinDes to design and model new drainage systems including sustainable drainage.
- Working knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 6th/7th Edition.
- Working knowledge of CIRIA SuDS Manual.
- Experience in the production and preparation of Flood Risk Assessments desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D desirable but not essential.
- Experienced in the design of roads, sewers and plot areas on residential developments.
- Educated to degree or HNC level.