Senior Civil Engineer
Salary + Package: Up to £45k plus Bens
A Civil Engineering design and transport planning consultancy that has been around for over 3 decades is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team in their Sussex country side based office, which is only 10 miles from the coast!!. The company is a medium sized consultancy with a workforce of 30 and a well-established client base.
Due to a significant increase in work load in their large housing development (100-2000 units)portfolio, they are now looking to further expand their team.
As the Senior Civil Engineer you will be responsible for the full drainage/ infrastructure/ highways design for your own development projects , but will also have the support of a technical director and technicians reporting to the Director and will be carrying out the following duties:
- Work as a key member of a design team in preparation of the following elements of roadway and highway design using local regulations: horizontal and vertical alignment, intersection layout and sight distance determination, interchange layout, roadway drainage, and right-of-way plans.
- Full drainage strategy design and integration with existing networks.
- Work with a team as a task leader in the preparation of plans, specifications and estimate for projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Liaise with the design team and the Director to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
Skills and Experience
- Highway/Road design experience including Section 278 and Section 38 process.
- Excellent knowledge on national, regional and local rules and regulations on highway design.
- Experience using Auto-cad, PDS and SUDS software packages.
- Experience using Micro Drainage is an absolute must.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired in engineering.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a business that will offer you the ability to take on all design aspects for your own projects and liaise with clients on a day to day basis.
If you are an interested Senior Civil Engineer then please contact me, Vincent Murie, a specialist civil engineering consultant on 0207 932 2800 or email me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org