Static electrical bias M&E Engineer - Aldgate East , £39k Basic
or £36,078 per annum + Travelcard within Zones 1-6
Company information :
- 2 offices in the UK
- Sevenoaks Kent
- Berkshire Reading
Provide M&E To a range of commercial and retail portfolio’s
60 Engineers employed over 100 staff as a company
Turn over around 11 million a year
Maintenance contracts worth £7M+ Clients they work for
Job Description: Resident / Static M&E Engineer
- EPAM Commercial ( Commercial property agents)
- 8 Fenchurch Place (large commercial site )
- UK House ( prestigious Commercial site)
Our client is a well-established hard services provider. Due to sheer growth they are now looking for a static M&E engineer for a prestigious site in Aldgate east. Duties and responsibilities
• First response to electrical faults/calls (inc’ luminaire checks). Knowledge on isolations (LOTO) and small installations including inspecting and testing work.
• Basic plumbing tasks including minor installations, leak checking, sanitary repairs.
• Comprehensive IT ability to work with business CAFM systems, respond to and send emails as required.
• BMS knowledge, full site is supported by the new BMS system, ability to identify faults and alarms as well as monitor timings and set points to optimise building energy usage.
• HVAC maintenance, observe/report. Ability to perform basic diagnostics and delegate work to subcontractors as identified.
•Fire alarm monitoring including weekly tests to ensure compliance of site, and understanding of fire safety systems (alarm, sprinklers, hose reels etc).
•Subcontractor management including understanding of PTW systems, CDM 2015 and risk assessment documentation.
•Water hygiene including temperature/plant monitoring, ability to identify areas of non-conformance and plan resolutions to suit.
• Plant area checking across HVAC, gas boilers, AHU’s etc, ability to understand problems and manage issues to full resolution.
• Site compliance documentation organising, self-auditing and feeding into client and consultants as/when required.
• Attention to detail across high-profile client-facing tenanted building, ability to prioritise reactive workload against planned works and maintain high standards of conduct whilst under pressure. Skills and Qualities:
• Electrical qualifications C&G3220 (or equivalent) and BS7671 18th edition
• Basic plumbing skills for first fix and first response,
• Knowledge of legionellosis control – L8 ACOP, HSG 274 (desirable ).
• IOSH/NEBOSH (desirable )
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems including chillers/FCU’s and AHU’s.
• Management of PTW systems (training will be given).
• Comprehensive understanding of H&S including PPE, Asbestos at Work LOTO, Safe Methods of Working Practices.
• Experience of SFG20 and working as a self-starter.
• Comply with the company health and safety policy at all times. Salary and package :
£36,078 per annum + Travelcard with Zones 1-6.
Or £39,000 without the Travelcard
Training and Progression
Working hours: 08.00-17.00- Monday to Friday