M&E commissioning manager – Essex and London
An Essex based MEP Building Services contractor now has a vacancy available for a commissioning manager to join their growing team.
Established for over 30 years and a team of 80 direct employees, they are now looking to grow their team due to a number of large residential projects they have won.
The commissioning manager will be working on residential projects for developer led clients projects ranging from £500k -£10m.
- Manage all aspects of inspection, testing and commissioning activities on the project
- Prepare, update and/or develop of the Commissioning Plan,& Commissioning Programme on a continuous basis
- Report back to the PM about delays and productivity from commissioning specialists Identification and resolution of any issues with post-handover commissioning.
- Commissioning and report writing for all works and documentation on site.
- Management and monitoring of Commissioning Sub-Contractors and their performance. Assessment and Audit of all sub-contractors quotations and proposals.
- Prepare Monthly commissioning reports ( supported by administrators)
- Provide detailed input to commissioning programmes and monitoring of activities to ensure commissioning dates are achieved.
- Ensure systems are validated to meet the performance specification
- Manage all necessary client & maintenance team training
- Chairing Commissioning meetings on a regular basis with the Site Team and Client Team
- Reports to the Senior Project Manager.
- Ensure proper managing the testing and commissioning of the Electrical, Mechanical & HVAC systems including BMS control packages and all are witnessed
Salary and package :
- The ideal commissioning manager will have previous experience in the role of 'Commissioning Manager' or at least 5 years’ experience as a commissioning engineer
- Experience of commissioning and documenting Electrical and Mechanical works
- City & Guilds, HND, Degree or Vocational equivalent preferred but not required
- £50k-70k dependant on experience
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday
- Expensed paid
- Company pension
- Split between office and site based