M&E Estimating Manager – Kent
£4,800.00 Car Allowance
Company Shares available after 12 months
25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Laptop & Phone
Purpose of the role
- Reporting to the Managing Director
- the Managers role is to be accountable for managing the Estimating handover function whilst working closely with other departments /teams.
- They will evaluate and manage all contractual, commercial, and technical risk within the tender process and upon contract award manage risk and optimise profitability through the pre-construction handover process.
- Enhance the current Estimating and Pre-Construction processes to create more efficiency, to maintain current Clientele base whilst creating further Client diversification and profitable workstreams. The key target threshold is to sustainably enhance the business revenue in line with the businesses Strategic, Risk and Profitability objectives.
- To manage and take responsibility for leading all Estimating and Pre- Construction activities relating to the company
- Manage Day to Day operations of the Estimation Department team.
- Management of new opportunities through the bid / no bid process.
- Developing Bid strategy with MD’s and Directors.
- Supplier/sub-contractor bid negotiations during tender process to enable a competitive “winning” bid is presented.
- Pre-Construction handover
- Estimating and Pre-Construction Risk management
- Dispute resolution.
- Procurement strategy with Commercial/ Operation department and ensuring Best Value is achieved throughout.
- Meeting Compliance and Profitability targets.
- Quality and timely submission of tenders.
- Internal adjudications.
- Developing further resilience within the Estimation Department.
- Vetting incoming tenders/offers from our supply chain and ensuring that the most viable offer is included within our submission.