Gas Contract Manager - £45k/£55k – Enfield
Our client is a well-established, reputable Mechanical & Electrical company who specialise in delivering Gas Servicing, Repair and Maintenance , Electrical works and fire & security to commercial and private sector as well as councils and the NHS.
they directly employ over 200 members of staff and are looking for a BDM to join their dynamic, professional team.
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the day to day running of our various contracts within the Service department, managing activities of a team of engineers to ensure the successful, timely and cost-effective completion of all works. To provide technical guidance and ensure that the work of the section meets all of the Company’s requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating the work-streams for a team of domestic gas engineers, ensuring appointment times are achieved and that service delivery targets are met.
- Provide technical support to customers and to colleagues when required
- Where necessary allocating specialist sub-contractors, giving response, completion and access details, and other relevant information, to ensure compliance with Client requirements.
- Arranging materials ensuring quality, value for money and those deliveries are made on time.
- Client administration and liaison on a day-to-day basis.
- Liaise with call centre manager re-scheduling appointments, PPM and responsive repairs, ensuring all targets are achieved.
- To report on a regular basis within the requirements of the senior contract manager on the status of all works within the Department to identify, in good time, problems of time-scale or resources.
- To ensure that works are completed to the required Company standard and within projected time-scale, costs and technical requirements.
- Estimating and submitting quotations to clients for their consideration and approval
- To ensure that all procedures and departmental instructions that relate to the service delivery process are maintained with particular regard to QA procedures.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required
Have experience of managing a technical team within the Domestic gas/heating sector
previous experience of ensuring that all works are undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, Health and Safety and industry codes of practice.
Have good negotiation skills.
Knowledge of the procurement processEssential Qualifications/ Skills
Salary & package
- Experience managing a technical team within the social housing sector
- Financial awareness and understanding of value for money
- Good negotiations skills
- Gas Safe Registered
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years’ service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Pension scheme – Auto enrolment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Company car, Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Monday to Friday, between 08:00am – 5:00pm