Fire Door Inspector – London - £45,000
The Fire Door Inspector will be responsible for inspecting fire-rated doors to ensure they are functioning correctly and in compliance with relevant codes and regulations. The Fire Door Inspector will evaluate fire doors for proper installation, maintenance, and repair. The individual will work independently or as part of a team to inspect and test fire-rated doors, provide detailed reports of findings, and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- £35,000 - £45,000
- Company vehicle
- 40-hour working week
- Conduct thorough inspections of fire-rated doors to identify any deficiencies or issues related to proper installation, maintenance, or repair.
- Test fire-rated doors for functionality, including their ability to seal properly, close securely, and latch correctly.
- Evaluate and assess door frames, hardware, and other components to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Document and report any identified issues, deficiencies, or recommendations for corrective action in a detailed and organized manner.
- Work collaboratively with building owners, managers, and maintenance personnel to develop and implement corrective action plans.
- Stay up to date on relevant codes, regulations, and best practices related to fire-rated doors and their maintenance and repair.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all inspections and related activities.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and regulations related to fire-rated doors, including NFPA 80, UL 10B, and UL 10C.
- Fire Door Inspection Qualification
- Driving License
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical drawings related to fire-rated doors.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify and document deficiencies or issues related to fire-rated doors.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with building owners, managers, and maintenance personnel.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
020 7932 2800