&E Head of Projects – Colchester
My client are currently seeking a Head of Projects. The Head of Projects role is responsible to operationally and financially ensure project delivery within budget and to provide support and guidance to the Project Managers. The role reports into the Managing Director and is an integral role in the effective delivery of any mechanical and Electrical associated project works.
With a busy project division that consists of 4 staff, manging projects from £50,000.00 to 1 million within the commercial, healthcare and retail sectors.
The role will involve the following:
• Grow the project division, that currently turns over 2.4 million a year.
• To operationally and financially ensure project delivery within budget
• Ensuring WIP and invoicing for all projects are closely managed
• Following established project process and procedure at all times
• Provide support and guidance for x 3 Project Managers under your management
• To actively seek new project opportunities
• Build and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers
• Placing orders and ensuring internal labour and sub-contractors are managed safely and efficiently.
• Ensure effective delivery of any mechanical and Electrical project works.
• Liaise with clients to ensure that all works are completed within agreed timescales.
• Undertake, where necessary, site safety, method statements, risk assessments and site inspections in line with company procedures.
• To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
The role will require you to be within a commutable distance of the clients head office in Colchester, there will be a requirement for you to attend site visits also within London and the home counties.
The ideal candidate will have been working as a head of projects for an M&E company for the last previous few years and be able to oversee both mechanical and electrical disciplines of PM’s.
Salary : £65,000.00
Car allowance: £4/5k
Holidays : 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
Company laptop and mobile phone
Fuel card /mileage: fuel credit card/mileage