Chief engineer , Iconic 5* hotel in Mayfair - £80,000
My client is a Leading Facilities management provider, who currently seeks a chief engineer on an Iconic 5 * hotel based in Mayfair.
The ideal candidate will come from a service manager/ Senior manager role within a building services company / or high end Hotel and have first-hand experience of running a demanding contract within hospitality sector.
The chief engineer will be able to build relationships and have strong working knowledge of hotel operations, purchasing, inventory controls supplies and equipment. You will be reporting into the General Manager, and have significant relationships with all engineering staff, heads of department etc.
Key skills / experience:
- Manage a team of 20 including tradesmen to carry out reactive and preventative maintenance at this Renowned hotel.
- You will be responsible for departmental P&L £1.3 million pa.
- Control and management of CAPEX budget
Manage projects up to £1million in value on site.
- Prepare end of month reports for meetings to the directors
- Organise and supervise all contractors
- Be Responsible for Hotels plant and equipment not limited to but including AHUs, UPS, generators, HVAC, FCUs, LTHW systems, Boilers, PHE, BMS.
- Carry out probation reviews and conduct 121s with staff.
- Conduct and carry out safety training.
- Use a CAFM system for reactive maintenance tasks.
- Create and implement safety systems for technical services department.
- Chair Meetings with directors, General manager and other relevant parties.
- Strives to ensure guest and associate satisfaction and maximise the financial performance of the department.
- Helps ensure long term asset protection and effectively manages capital expenditures
Salary and Package:
- Sustained and proven experience in a similar high volume environment
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- A strong knowledge of lifestyle and luxury hotel standards
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Be able to prepare departmental work plans
- Ensure excellent communication and relationships are maintained between staff at all levels
- Excellent record keeping
- £70,000- £80,000 basic
- 20 days holiday and 8 days bank holiday
- Company pension