Title of Position: - Mechanical & Electrical Senior Estimator (Projects Dept.)
Title Position Reports to: - Senior Operations Manager
The be seen as the figure head for the tendering of all opportunities and output, together with the winning of and handover of awarded works within the Project Depart Delivery team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Strictly apply the requirements of the companies Projects “Bid No Bid” protocols, escalating to management any queries.
- Prepare project related estimates by reviewing/gathering contract detail, drawings, specifications and any other related documents, including on site attendance. Collating a comprehensive (WBS) Work Break Down Structure for all projects received.
- Manage all estimate deadlines in a priority and organised method.
- Manage all (RFQ’s) Requests for Quotations
- Analytical skills to understand and work from blueprints, schematics, sketches or pencil drawings
- Evaluate and highlight any operational and commercial risk before agreeing to proceed, following the requirements of the bid / no bid process.
- Using Ametch identify and detail, in a transparent and modular method, all labour, material, specialist and time requirements offering the most compliant scope and cost, whilst achieving desired Margins per job.
- Offer variant or valued engineering bids as and when required.
- Have the ability to identify from a scope of works what the High Risk items could be.
- Create depth to our Sub Contractor and Supply chain, by challenging the current base and introducing skilled alternatives.
- Have the ability to build a comprehensive ‘’Should Cost Estimate’’
- Enhance our current costing database to be more uniformed and applicable to size/type of works in a “packaged” manner
- At inception of any accepted Project ensure the company Project “Handover and Mobilisation checklist” is completed to the required standard.
- Analyse and summarise programme and preliminary requirements requested in enquiry package.
- Measuring & Taking-Off quantities from drawings and Produce bills of quantities.
- Source pre-con information and support supplier/sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Attend tender, design and pre-start meetings, including tender adjudication meetings to finalise inclusions and applied margins.
- Preparation and negotiate tenders
- During handover detail any possible opportunities for contract variations or specific contract risk items are identified to the Project Management.
- Leadership skills to estimate the work accurately of the projects department
- Ability to perform special assignments as required or to meet the ongoing needs of the department
- Technically Mechanical or Electrical biased knowledge, but awareness of all core M&E works.
- Ability to deal with people across a broad spectrum of skills and levels.
- Advanced organisational and time management skills.
- A high level of drive and energy.
- Pro-active and Self- Motivated.
- Adept with Estimating and winning Projects up to £2M
- Full understanding of NEC/JCT Contract and other standard construction forms of contract.
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years’ experience within a Mechanical and Electrical Projects led environment.
- Experience of AMTECH Systems Previous experience in estimating on M&E and Building Services service and maintenance contracts
- Have worked for a Building Services Maintenance / M&E Facilities maintenance organisation as an estimator
- To have estimated on M&E HVAC service and maintenance contracts as well as small works installation / refurbishments
Health and Safety
As a member of the team, you will be required to fulfil our legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Salary Package:
- Basic - £58k to 64k (dependent on skill and experience)
- Car Allowance - £4,200 PA
- Holiday – 20 Days
- After Probationary period – Inclusion into company and personal bonus scheme which will provide up to 10% Bonus of basic salary