Pest control technician - £20k/£24k
My client are a building services and property maintenance company based in Essex.
An opportunity is now available for an experienced pest controller to join there busy Maintenance division.
Main Purpose of the role
• To carry out pest control duties within commercial and residential properties dwellings and surrounding areas free of infestation.
• Provide advice to the company, clients and residents on Pest Control issues.
• To carry out inspections to Dwellings across portfolio to monitor or treat infestations.
• To provide effective and safe treatments for any pests found during routine inspections or reactive works.
• Liaise and feedback relevant information to residents with regards to affecting factors within their dwelling to assist in the eradication of pests.
• To maintain work equipment and PPE in the correct manner, to prevent possible harm to others and yourself.
• Practice the safe application of pesticides in accordance with legislation.
• To attend regular training to keep up to date with new treatment methods and pesticides change both in products and legislation.
• To communicate and report on a regular basis to supervisor level on treatments and problems found along with recommendations.
• Provide written accounts of treatments carried out in dwellings in the correct manner as these can be used in court by the Council.
• To maintain a safe working environment including a clean and organised vehicle.
• To carry out treatments outside normal working hours if required also to include weekend work and to attend meetings if requested outside normal working hours.
• To be available to be on emergency call out rota as required.
• Provide technical support to clients
• Make recommendations for buildings, either to go under a maintenance program or to come away from the program.
• Assess potential problems with infestations and assist in making recommendations for repairs or structure at planning stage to overcome likely future infestations or their spread from one dwelling to another.