Estimating Manger - Dartford 75K PLUS PACKAGE 4800 CAR ALLOWANCE
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Managing Director’s, the Estimating Managers role is to be accountable for managing the Estimating and Pre-Construction handover function whilst working closely with the Commercial and Operational teams. They will evaluate and manage all contractual, commercial, and technical risk within the tender process and upon contract award manage risk and optimise profitability through the pre-construction handover process.
Enhance the current Estimating and Pre-Construction processes to create more efficiency, to maintain current Clientele base whilst creating further Client diversification and profitable workstreams. The key target threshold is to sustainably enhance the business revenue in line with the businesses Strategic, Risk and Profitability objectives.
To manage and take overall responsibility for leading all Estimating and Pre- Construction activities relating to my client
• Manage Day to Day operations of the Estimation Department team.
• Estimating and Pre-Construction Risk management.
• Management of new opportunities through the bid / no bid process.
• Developing Bid strategy with MD’s and Directors.
• Supplier/sub-contractor bid negotiations during tender process to enable a competitive “winning” bid is presented.
• Eliminating risk through the Pre-Construction handover process.
• Dispute resolution.
• Procurement strategy with Commercial/ Operation department and ensuring Best Value is achieved throughout.
• Meeting Compliance and Profitability targets.
• Quality and timely submission of tenders.
• Internal adjudications.
• Developing further resilience within the Estimation Department.
• Vetting incoming tenders/offers from our supply chain and ensuring that the most viable offer is included within our submission.
Key Responsibilities Continued
• Arranging tender adjudication meetings and the pre-construction handover meetings to the Commercial and Operation teams to ensure a smooth transition and understanding of the bid is handed over.
• Always developing, supporting, and enhancing the Brand
• Key Stakeholder engagement.
To be successful, the candidate will have to be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• High use of initiative
• Professional Etiquette
• Team Mentality
• Create a Collaborative positive working environment
Skills and Behaviours
• Good commercial acumen and leadership.
• Extremely strong technical attributes.
• The ability to manage out all elements of risk.
• Good presentational and communication skills.
• Strong intellect and desire to succeed. Focused on Quality and Profitability.
• Strong commercial edge but with a sensitivity to client needs and requirements.
• Highly effective and inclusive management style who can get teams to collaborate.
• A capability to build good business relationships.
• Solid negotiation skills.
• Commercially astute, able to identify and manage risk and to anticipate issues that may affect costs and address them proactively.
• An eye for detail and proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Proactive and persuasive with the skills to assess better systems of work to advise and assist clients on systems that will save time and money.
• Outline the commercial, contractual, and technical risk structure and ensure that all obligations are fully understood and managed by the team as part of the Pre-Construction handover process.
• Assist in identifying and developing good working relationships with all staff and stakeholders. Taking a positive and visible role to support the Commercial and Operational teams in developing relationships with the Client and supporting all discussions with the Client’s Delivery teams. Assist in maintaining and implementing good working structures to suit the project, meeting, and control processes.
• Must have play a Senior Leadership role in implementing the winning bid strategy, creating, and successfully managing teams and managing all stages of the Estimating and Pre-Construction process.
• Proven ability to work effectively, under pressure and always delivering a quality output with a broad range of stakeholders.
• To be able to act at a Senior Leadership level with all stakeholders.
• Experience of the commercial and legal structures of JCT and NEC contracts, an understanding of the business proposition, risk management on commercial and technically complex tenders.
• Desirable to be able to demonstrate a strong sense of corporate social responsibility, balancing the interests of stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications
• The person will have acquired a formal qualification as recognised by the RICS
• Successfully managing relationships with stakeholders on the Company Boards, funders/lenders, sub-contractors, and the Local Authorities at a senior level
• Management of performance monitoring regimes
• Working with detailed contractual/statutory/legal documents and ensuring compliance
• Provision of advice and guidance to other parties on key risk management matters
£4,800.00 Car Allowance
25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Laptop & Phone