Mechanical Project Manager – Site based- Colindale / Edgware - £50k-£55k
The company :
My client is a Leading M&E engineering company who have been running now for over 42 years covering London and the South east.
Due to sheer growth, they are now currently on the hunt for an experienced Mechanical project manager to join their growing team. You will be based at a £14m project in Colindale managing multiple projects/ subcontractors on site .
• The Project manager will be vital in ensuring all new projects and contract commitments run smoothly. The PM will ensure that new projects and current contracts are developed, planned and carried out efficiently, ensuring full customer satisfaction throughout.
• The Project manager will be responsible for the day to day running of contracts. This includes; booking in works, organising engineers, dealing with clients, liaising with the works director and reacting to general daily client and project issues.
• Majority of the M&E Projects will be in London and M25 orbital ranging from 50k to 600k and focusing on installation and commercial fit outs for Mechanical AC , ventilation , plumbing and pipefitting works.
Main duties :
- Production of RAMS and ensuring the working design drawing and specifications.
- Liaise with collaborators, partners, technology developers and suppliers.
- Generation of reports as required for Project and Management meetings.
- Maintain effective and on-going communications with clients and contractor management teams
- Work within required legislation and develop paper work for project closure and O+M’s
- Ensure the store of materials on site and off site is stocked and clean.
- Drive change through continuous improvement
- Management of all day to day site operations
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
- progress reports
- Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
- Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are been captured and costs issued to the client.
- Develop and implement company procedures with your team.
- Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in the M&E management field
Salary and package :
- On site based role – (candidate will ideally be based London)
- 40 hour working week
- £50K- 55k depending on experience
- £4800 car allowance and business millage
- Travel expenses
- 25 days holiday
- Company Pension
- Bonus and progression opportunities