Electrical Small works Manager
My client is a well-established building services company who provide installation , service, maintenance and breakdown to their commercial, educational and residential client base. Mainly covering London and the home counties, with a head office based in Enfield , they now seek an Electrical small works Manager.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working closely with the Project director on an array of contracts around London and the home counties. Managing and monitor electrical installations, minor project works and adaptations. Ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’, to Industry Standards and within contract specifications.
You will be looking after a number of different sites across London and the home counties.
The ideal Electrical manager will have :
- Preparation programmes, mobilisation planning, KPI reporting
- Responsible for the management and monitoring of a team of Engineers and/or specialist contractors working within a number of council buildings across various contracts.
- Planning, allocating and co-ordination of direct labour, ensuring that the programme is on time and in budget
- Updating of the programme works, preparation of performance and current status reports
- Project Manage various works, such as Electrical refurbishments, installations and remedial works to landlords’ installations, domestic and commercial systems.
- Develop commercial awareness and lead the continued improvements for Voids & Emergency lighting testing regimes
- To ensure that health and safety risks are managed by sub-contractors, specialist contractors and direct labour, including and not limited to, ensuring legal compliance, preparation of risk and method statements for the works.
- Prepare Service Level agreements for schools and individual clients
- plan and manage electrical installations from 5k to 500k
- prepare and design performance reports and charts
Salary & package :
- analytical skills and an understanding of data, problem solving of underlying issues
- Be competent by experience and/or qualification, and have contractual awareness
- Have excellent legislation and Health and Safety knowledge
- Be experienced with MS Project, Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Have Asbestos Awareness and the ability to manage Health & Safety risks
- Be able to carry out Health and Safety tool box talks
- Have a Full UK Driving Licence
- Be able to produce estimates for schedule of rates contracts
- Have contractual awareness
- Have experience of Preparation of variations
- Have experience with ICT portals
- Have a valid CSCS card and come from an Electrical background
- £50k basic
- 25 days holiday
- Car or car allowance
- Company pension