Resident / Static M&E Engineer -Pall Mall
£32,640 per annum + Travelcard within Zones 1-6. 0r £36k basic
Days: Monday to Friday
Our client is a well-established hard services provider. Due to sheer growth they are now looking for a static M&E engineer for a prestigious site in Pall Mall.
Duties and responsibilities
Skills and Qualities:
- First response to electrical faults/calls (inc’ luminaire checks). Knowledge on isolations (LOTO) and small installations including inspecting and testing work.
- Basic plumbing tasks including minor installations, leak checking, sanitary repairs.
- Comprehensive IT ability to work with business CAFM systems, respond to and send emails as required.
- BMS knowledge, full site is supported by the new BMS system, ability to identify faults and alarms as well as monitor timings and set points to optimise building energy usage.
- HVAC maintenance, observe/report. Ability to perform basic diagnostics and delegate work to subcontractors as identified.
- Fire alarm monitoring including weekly tests to ensure compliance of site, and understanding of fire safety systems (alarm, sprinklers, hose reels etc).
- Subcontractor management including understanding of PTW systems, CDM 2015 and risk assessment documentation.
- Water hygiene including temperature/plant monitoring, ability to identify areas of non-conformance and plan resolutions to suit.
- Plant area checking across HVAC, gas boilers, AHU’s etc, ability to understand problems and manage issues to full resolution.
- Site compliance documentation organising, self-auditing and feeding into client and consultants as/when required.
- Attention to detail across high-profile client-facing tenanted building, ability to prioritise reactive workload against planned works and maintain high standards of conduct whilst under pressure.
- Abilitiy to work independently off of their own initiative
- Electrical qualifications C&G3220 (or equivalent) and BS7671 18th edition
- Basic plumbing skills for first fix and first response,
- Knowledge of legionellosis control – L8 ACOP, HSG 274 (formal qualification preferred).
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems including chillers/FCU’s and AHU’s
- Comprehensive understanding of H&S including PPE, Asbestos at Work LOTO, Safe Methods of Working Practices.
- Experience of SFG20 and working as a self-starter.
- Comply with the company health and safety policy at all times.