Do you want to work for an international engineering consultancy who works on some of the most exciting and interesting engineering projects in the market, then apply now !?
Associate Highways Engineer
Salary : £65k – Depends on Experience
An excellent international multi- disciplined engineering consultancy based in central London are looking for an enthusiastic Associate Engineer to join their highways team in London.
This consultancy have been operating for over 40 years and have over 500 employees across their UK and international offices. They have an infrastructure and building team and a highways team which comprise of 25-30 engineers and technicians. As the Associate you will be playing a leading and technical role in the highways team.
They work on projects that vary from small, medium to large sized scale heavy civils projects in the UK and overseas.
Associate Engineer general duties and responsibilities:
- Focus on highways, access roads and temporary/enabling works design, to include road diversion and haul road projects across all sectors to include Roads, Rail, Urban Regeneration and Aviation. Undertake due diligence, feasibility studies, conceptual optioneering, detailed design both pre and post planning and design and build through construction. Design interface with asset structures to include bridges, stations etc.
- Geometric Highway Design to include horizontal/vertical alignments to include Highways, Roundabouts, Junctions (T, Staggered and Grade Separated/Signalised etc).
- Highway Design to ‘Design Manual for Roads and Bridges’ (DMRB), ‘Manual for Streets’ (MfS), Highways England and Local Authority Standards. Obtain appropriate Technical Approvals.
- Demonstrate track record in surface and foul water drainage design and Sustainable Urban Design Solutions (SuDs), to appropriate design standards and local legislation and guidelines, to align with SuDs Hierarchy.
- Demonstrate track record in Earthwork’s design to include cut/fill analysis, cutting and embankment design with associated land drainage.
- Allocation of team members to projects.
- Technical design approvals.
- Design documentation approval, including drawing and specification sign off.
Associate Engineer requirements:
- BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons).
- Chartered/Incorporated Status with ICE (or equivalent).