Do you want to work for an international engineering consultancy who works on some of the most exciting and interesting engineering projects in the market, then apply now !?
Senior Cad Technician
Salary : £40k – Depends on Experience
An excellent international multi- disciplined engineering consultancy based in central London are looking for an enthusiastic Senior CAD Technician to join their highways team in London.
This consultancy have been operating for over 40 years and have over 500 employees across their UK and international offices. They have a infrastructure and building team and a highways team which comprise of 25-30 engineers and technicians. As the Senior CAD Technician you will be playing a leading and technical role in the highways team.
They work on projects that vary from small, medium to large sized scale heavy civils projects in the UK and overseas.
Senior CAD Technician duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively and ethically motivate Technicians/Junior technicians to deliver sustainable CAD and digital solutions.
- Focus on highways, access roads and temporary/enabling works design, to include road diversion and haul road projects across all sectors to include Roads, Rail, Urban Regeneration and Aviation. Undertake due diligence, feasibility studies, conceptual optioneering, detailed design both pre and post planning and design and build through construction. Design interface with asset structures to include bridges, stations etc.
- Liaise with Client and project team with respect to questions/queries relating to their documentation and inform the Project Leader and other members of the project team of any changes.
- Undertake geometric Highway Design to include horizontal/vertical alignments to include Highways, Roundabouts, Junctions (T, Staggered and Grade Separated/Signalised etc).
- Highway Design to ‘Design Manual for Roads and Bridges’ (DMRB), ‘Manual for Streets’ (MfS), Highways England and Local Authority Standards. Obtain appropriate Technical Approvals.
- 2D drawing production using Autocad.
- Undertake 3D modelling for all stages of design to include the following:
Civil 3D - Geometric design (Horizontal and Vertical Alignments) – DMRB , Infraworks, Concept Design and Visualisations, Keysign/Lines - Signing/Lining design, Autotrack, Vehicular Movements Tracking.
Senior Cad Technician requirements:
- ONC Civil Engineering or HNC Civil Engineering qualification.