Senior Transport Planner
£35k - £45k depending on experience
Reports to Associate Director
This international multi-disciplined consultancy are on the lookout for a Senior Transport Planner to join a team of enthusiastic and committed highways and transport team of Engineers , Planners and Technicians to work on high profile and interesting projects.
This company has 1100 people across the business globally and has doubled in size in the last 6 years with a turnover of over 100 million pounds!
- Their network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport.
- Hybrid working.
- So this is a great role to get involved in the growth of this capability. There is nobody above the planner so they will have plenty of growth – involved in growing and leading a team.
- What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards on offer.
- Company car or cash allowance.
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan.
- Life assurance scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave.
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc).
- Family friendly policies.
- Employee assistance.
- Professional development.
Transport planner role/duties and responsibilities:
- Client facing, leading on projects, leading the production of transport studies, transport assessments, could cover everything from travel to parking management strategies, development planning, travel planning, behavioural change etc – so the experience is vast that this person will be exposed to.
- This is not just a Transport Planning role; they would like to see candidates of various skillsets and interests.
- The person will need a foundation in transport planning, but with there being so many different elements to transport planning, they are keen to look at anyone who has experience or an interest in spatial and urban design; transport planning/design; business case/economics; transport data analysis/modelling (all levels); GIS/ Accessibility; Active Travel; Bus Infrastructure; development planning; travel planning/behavioural change.
- Someone who has active travel or urban realm from a transport planning perspective, experience – if someone has this skillset, they would be keen to talk to them.
- Must have experience in transport planning.
- Must have good analytical skills and report writing.
- Must have experience in Traffic analysis.
- Must have modelling experience – doesn’t need to be an expert but some experience