Salary: £25,000 – £40,000 - Depends On Experience
A independent highways & transport planning consultancy that have three offices and 9 staff in their Cambridge office are looking for a civil/highways engineer to join them.
You will be joining the infrastructure team which comprise of an experienced senior engineer and technician.
As the engineer you will be getting stuck into a range of S278 schemes, and plenty of preliminary design work.
They have projects ranging from small vehicular crossover projects to larger £6.5m access junctions, across a range of disciplines, retail residential, and industrial.
This consultancy work on public and private sector projects.
- They would offer a day release to college or university for the right candidate.
- There is opportunity to work on a wide range of planning design and detail design projects – being involved with all aspects of the detail design process.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experienced staff in order to progress their career.
- They offer hybrid working dependant on experience and the ability to undertake work with minimal guidance, staff are issued with a laptop and mobile phone.
- The Cambridge office has free parking on site, based at the recently redeveloped Chesterton Mill, and walking distance to the city centre.
- They offer 25 days annual leave for full time staff, with long term service recognition of an extra day of leave for every 3 years’ service up to a maximum of 30 days leave. They also have opportunity to buy/sell leave.
- Pension contributions 3%, with employee matched contributions up to a further 3%.
- Option to join the group healthcare scheme.
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees.
- You will have the opportunity to network with peers and personnel from all areas of the business during initiatives such as graduate networking events and company social events.
Role/Responsibilities & Experience :
- Preparing detail design drawing packages including, drainage and level design, to support S278 and S38 applications.
- Using AutoCAD, AutoTRACK, Site 3D, and PDS Sign (Equivalent).
- An understanding and experience preparing designs using the DMRB, MfS, TSM, TSRGD and local authority design guidance.
- Supporting more senior staff as required and a good team player.