Civil or Senior Civil Engineer
Salary : £36,500 - £46,000
This multi-disciplined engineering consultancy are looking for an experienced civil engineer with 3 years plus experience in drainage and highway/road design to join their growing civils team in Edinburgh. They are looking for someone who has strong micro drainage software skills as well as broad skills in civil engineering, project management, and teamwork to join their growing Civil Engineering team.
Benefits of the position:
Civil Engineer skills and responsibilities :
- 35 hour week, core hours of 10 am to 12 noon and 2 pm to 4 pm. Flexi & Hybrid working
- Personal Pension Scheme – 5% employee and 5% employer contributions
- Annual salary reviews
- Employee ownership – buy shares and profit depending, share dividends paid annually.
- Company bonus once or twice a year
- Additional salary uplifts when certain accreditations achieved
- Income Protection Insurance – 50% of salary paid
- Life Insurance – 3 x salary
- Private Medical Insurance with extensive mental health cover
- Electric car leasing scheme done through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to work scheme through salary sacrifice
- 26 days holidays plus 7 fixed for Christmas, New Year and days in between (Minimum 33 days in total, subject to role). An extra day is added every 5 years up to 4 additional days
- £500 Referral fee
- Institution fees paid
- Expenses paid weekly
- Study Trip – Usually a European break for 3 nights around September/October time
- Paid overtime
- Placements, mentoring young people
- Strong technical knowledge, including use of industry standard road and/or drainage design software and sound knowledge of current design standards
- Focus on highways, access roads and temporary/enabling works design, undertake due diligence, feasibility studies, conceptual optioneering, detailed design both pre and post planning and design and build through construction.
- Road Design to ‘National Road Development Guide’, and Local Authority Standards.
- Obtain appropriate Technical Approvals including RCC and S56
- Produce technical reports as required
- Knowledge of and ability to deliver highway drainage principles (layout, parameters, etc.), surface water and foul drainage designs
- Obtaining statutory approvals with SW and SEPA
- Experience in AutoCad and Civil 3D would be beneficial
- Experience in Microdrainage would be beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘Design Manual for Roads and Bridges’ (DMRB)